I do love Instagram but I’m almost certain I’m not using it right – they’re not my best photos or my most accomplished compositions and they don’t even follow a theme. Imagine.
But they are glorious, honest little snapshots into my world. Here’s what that world looked during April.
Top Row l-r
1) I got slightly crafty over the Easter weekend filling photo frames. Not much makes a house feel like a home quite like photos of your face all over the place.
2) This tree thought it was still Autumn. But it looked pretty and we all know how much clout looking pretty has over actually being right. That sounded a bit bitter didn’t it? About leaves. There’s a land called Passive Aggressiva, I am their queen.
3) If you don’t know the tale of the new pyjamas yet I suggest you familiarise yourself. It’ll make you feel better about your life.
1) Husband snapped a photo that sums up my life and the whole writing process thing. Right down to the homicidal spaniel.
2) Pete felt left out.
3) Betty had The Op and felt sorry for herself for a day. Then I fashioned her this bad ass protective shirt and she got over it. What really happened was that the t-shirt was supposed to stop her licking the incision, I spent ages cutting up this shirt to fit her and cover the relevant bits, I tied it onto her and Pete stuck his head through the side and started licking the incision. These dogs have no existential crises, their *entire* purpose in life is to make me look a complete knob at any given moment.
1) I crocheted in the garden and drank from THE RIGHT MUG. High five.
2) Pete didn’t feel so left out when he realised it was Spring.
3) Those beautiful clear days that we had in April made some unbelievably glorious sunsets. I do love a sunset.
May will bring with it another week off (I KNOW!!) and a few cheeky nights away, two more bank holidays and our 8th wedding anniversary. You’re right, indeed I don’t look old enough.
How was your April? And what does your May have in store? Maybe some colouring in? All the cool kids are at it.
Join me on Instagram if you fancy. It’s all spaniels and sunsets.